If you like zombie books and are in for a little adventure, this post is for you!
You should know by now that I have a book coming out in February 2013 from Samhain Press, called Zombies of Byzantium. If you follow my Twitter, you should also know that I’ve been working hard on my second zombie novel, which is tentatively titled Zombies of the Whiskey Rebellion. That book is now in the editing phase–and I need some readers to take it for a test drive. You could be one of them!
Here’s the deal. I’m going to publicize this blog on Twitter, and I will select three (or, depending on how many responses I get, five) people who respond, at random, to read the draft of Zombies of the Whiskey Rebellion. I’ll send you the book via email, you read it and get back to me with your feedback. It’s pretty simple.
There are a couple of caveats I should mention.
1. I’ll be sending the book to you in .PDF format. Sorry, I don’t have time to turn it into an e-book.
2. You must agree to read the book and get your comments back to me within 3 weeks. You really do have to commit to finishing the book and getting back to me in a timely fashion. The book is about 80,000 words–the standard length for a fairly short novel–and reads very quickly, so if reading is a habit for you this should be no problem. I also need your comments written down (an email is fine).
3. Eligible readers should either follow me on Twitter, or be WordPress users who follow this blog. (You don’t have to have a blog in order to have a WordPress account, which is free).
4. You can’t know me personally. If you’ve ever met me face-to-face, you’re not eligible. I insist on this condition because feedback on the book which might be colored by any personal relationship with me is not as trustworthy. If you hate the book, I don’t want it to be difficult for you to tell me so, and to tell me why you hated it.
5. You must agree not to share the book or any of its content with anyone else.
If I choose you and you finish the book on time and give me comments, I’ll send you (again via email) e-book (.EPUB or Kindle) copies of all three of my Giamotti novels–Life Without Giamotti, All Giamotti’s Children and Giamotti in Winter–for free.
But that’s just the icing. The real reward is that you’ll get to read (I hope) a really awesome zombie book!
If you want to be considered, you need to @ or DM me on Twitter or leave a comment on this blog post. I’ll be in touch!
(Zombie photo: Joel Friesen).